Ever wondered why your joints and muscles tend to ache more than usual during colder seasons of the year? The reason why these symptoms tend to worsen in the cold weather is due to a change in barometric pressure, caused by the pressure of the air pressing against the surface of the earth when temperatures drop. Fortunately, there are many ways you can find relieve from your stiff, aching joint and muscle pain.
7 Effective Ways to Relieve Joint & Muscle Pain
- Turn up the Heat: Grab your favorite heated blanket and turn up the heat in your home for quick relief! The warmth will loosen that tight stiff feeling caused by the cold weather.
- Tea Time: Warm your body with a soothing cup of herbal tea. The heat will regulate your body temperature and the herbs in the tea can provide anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, great for your joints and muscles.
- Supplements: Marine Collagen is rich in amino acids that play an important role in the formation of joint cartilage. Try LaVigne’s Marine Collagen Beauty Berries for an ultra-potent dose of Marine Collagen in an easy to take, berry flavored gummy candy!
- Bubble Bath: Grab your favorite Epsom salts and pour yourself a nice hot bath. The heat will warm up your achy muscles and Epsom salts absorbed into the skin provide additional relief in aching joints.
- Wardrobe: Planning on venturing into the cold weather outside? Add some extra layers to keep those joints and muscles warm and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Pain Relief Creams: There are many pain relief creams on the market that can provide temporary relief from muscle aches and joint pains. It is best to steer clear of creams that use harsh chemicals and to choose something more natural, with quality ingredients. Try LaVigne’s Muscle Magic, a natural balm for all your aches and pains, infused with healing Tepezcohuite and Rosemary Extracts.
- Steam: Visit your local steam room or sauna to relieve stress, soothe aches and relax muscles.