Skip to content
6 Tips for a Flawless Halloween Makeup Application
- Picture Perfect: Choose one good photo of a Halloween makeup look that you like and use it to reference your look!
- Cleanse: Halloween makeup tends to be quite heavy and can slip off your skin if you do not properly cleanse away any impurities on your face first. Try LaVigne’s Botanical Cleanser: A gentle, yet effective deep-cleansing concentrate that removes impurities without drying the skin. Combine it with the Illuminating Facial Polish to exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving your skin soft, smooth and makeup ready!
- Prep your Skin: After cleansing, you will need a good makeup base, to ensure that your Halloween makeup applies evenly. Try LaVigne’s Mayan Magic Balm: Used as a makeup base by many professional makeup artists world-wide.
- Makeup Options: Quality varies from brand to brand when it comes to Halloween makeup, but you do not have to break the bank to achieve your perfect look! Choose cream makeup products that come in jars or pallets, they are the easiest to work with and provide the best results. Avoid tube cream makeup products, you will find it difficult to achieve the right thickness and color pigment. Tip: Go-Pro! Try Ben Nye Cosmetics for the best quality in special effects makeup! www.bennyemakeup.com/
- Makeup Application: For a flawless application you will need a couple of cosmetic sponges, they are fantastic for applying cream pallet makeup. If the makeup you chose is not applying the way you want it with the sponge, soak the sponge in a bit of water.
- Eye Liner Magic: Grab a couple of different colored eyeliner pencils to have fun with your Halloween look! You can draw simple hearts, stars, swirls or botanical artworks on your cheeks or near your eyes!